Buying and collecting art can be challenging. Everyone has individual tastes, likes, dislikes and thoughts on buying art for their home or workplace.
Following are a few of my reasons why buying art is a good idea.
1. Owning original artwork can really humanize the space you’re in. Art will give a room character and warmth, transforming lifeless interiors into unique, beautiful and engaging environments. All you have to do is think about the difference between a room with bare walls and one with walls full of art. Happy walls make happy people.
2. Art encourages us to ask questions, introspect, and to think about the piece. It encourages us to take brief moments out of our busy lives to escape into the works narrative. Art can bring us to a happy place.
3. Buy original artwork for its uniqueness. Owning something like a signed and numbered limited edition print is an exciting thing. While some people want only what others have, it’s always more interesting to have what others don’t.
4. An original work of art is not only visually appealing, but it also radiates the personality, abilities, creativity, inspiration, attitudes, and brilliance of the artist who created it. People who own original art can experience and be inspired and uplifted and share these qualities on an ongoing basis.
5. Lastly, be true to your tastes, and buy what you love and what you can afford. Have fun with it. Nobody’s judging. Start your art collection today and enjoy the exciting world of art.